Friday, April 04, 2014

Wedding Photographer | Wedding Photography | James Limsoc Photography

Wedding Photographer | Wedding Photography | James Limsoc Photography
James Limsoc, Our Wedding Photographer


This is the most important supplier in my mind, the wedding photographer.
I had been researching about wedding photography ever since I entertained the thought of loving weddings :). I must say that there are a lot of talented wedding photographers here in the Philippines. And when I say a lot,  I really meant A LOT!

Now in choosing the right wedding photographer as a photo enthusiast myself, I had some very important details to consider:

1. The wedding photos must be bright, and the colors should be alive and natural.  There are many styles, and brands of aesthetics out there (i.e., cinematic, noir, dramatic, quirky), but "fresh" is the way I wanted it.

2. I wanted someone who has a decent website, so I could browse on the portfolio and see how the wedding photographer captures the genuine emotions and candid moments as they happen during that special day.

3. I wanted someone who we can get along with easily. Someone who could understand the feminine side. So I initially thought of having a lady wedding photographer, but at the same time I was open to the idea that a man could also do the job.

4. The wedding photographer must be someone who loves his craft.  Passion must be 'felt' from his/her works.

5. Budget-wise, the talent fees should be good value for money.

Even years before I met my future hubby, I already had my eyes on a few wedding photographers whose works I really admired.  I was quite sure other bride-to-be's and wedding fans have their own favorites.  But sometimes, things don't happen as planned, and when I got engaged, I needed to broaden my options.  In other words, I wasn't able to get any of my early favorites -most of them were already booked- so I went back to my research.  And yes, some of the concepts and the way I saw some of the works of my early favorites changed.

A little less than a year before our marriage, we booked a popular wedding photography group.  But somehow, I still felt unhappy and dissatisfied, and so we had to make a change (As to how we arrived at that decision, well, that's another story).

Looking for the right wedding photographer took me a while, and it proved stressful...until I chanced upon the website of James Limsoc Photography (www.jameslimsoc.com).  He's 'new' to me but all his online engagement and wedding photos looked very promising.

We met at Starbucks 6750 in Ayala. He sent us an SMS of what he was wearing and where he was seated. It was easy to find him. And he'd brought with him all his things: a laptop and a bag that contained his albums that he'd show us later on. I was impressed by all his works, and how he spoke impressed me even more because it's proof he knows what he's doing -down to the "nitty-gritty" of his job. He's married so I was sure that he'd completely understand and entertain a demanding and "arte-istic lady" like me.  He gave us a very reasonable package inclusive of Prenup, On-site Photo Slideshow and albums. After that discussion with him, I was very happy and it's like we saw the light.  My fiance and I found our wedding photographer at last :)

Postscript:
Tidying up our "wedding files" after our marriage, I 're-discovered' James Limsoc.  Right before my eyes lay the brochure of JLP (James Limsoc Photography) - one of the many brochures I'd kept in the "wedding treasure chest."  So it's possible that we'd already met before in the countless wedding fairs I'd attended over the past few years.  It's like Destiny worked her way around things, and everything was meant to be.  I told my hubby about it, and we agreed it was a surprise. A happy surprise, indeed! :)

See our On-site Photo Slideshow below:
Note: Pause the Prenup Photo Slideshow at the very bottom before you play :D




Wedding Photographer
James Limsoc Photography
Website: http://www.jameslimsoc.com
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Limsoc-Photography/











Rescyn Mary S. Fernandez
Bride-chilla in Manila: http://nelsonandrescynwedding.blogspot.com/
Wandering Weirdness: http://wanderingweirdness.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment